PATTERSON INDOOR SOCCER RULES
~ Patterson Indoor field -
__________________________________________________________________________________________Equipment & Uniforms_____________________________________________________________________
• All game and training balls are to be provided. No other balls are allowed inside the facility
• Shin guards are mandatory and socks must cover your shin-guards.
• Molded cleats and turf shoes are allowed. No metal spikes!
• By the second match, all players on a team should have a numbered shirt of the same color, with the goalkeeper wearing a jersey contrasting that of his/her team and the opposing team. Teams should also bring a different colored jersey in case two teams have the same color. If two teams have the same color, the home team keeps their color.
• Jewelry is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to earrings, necklaces, watches, etc.
• U6 – u12 will use Size #4 balls. U13 & older will use Size #5.
• Pre Game Warm-Up: Teams may put on their gear and stretch out in the hallway before their game. Games start every 45 minutes, so please have your team ready to play 15 minutes before your posted start time. Teams will be given 2 minutes to warm up on the field before each game.
Game Format & Eligibility__________________________________________________________________
1. Duration of Play – u6-u8 will play two 16-minute halves. U9-u12 will play two 18-minute halves. U13u18 will play two 20-minute halves. All halftimes are 2:00.
2. Rosters – There is no limit to the number of players on a roster. Players may be added to or deleted from the roster for the first 5 weeks of the season. Rosters are frozen at the start of your 5th game. Changes will be allowed after the 5th game for injuries or other extenuating circumstances, but they must be approved by the League Administrator.
3. Player Requirements - All players must fill out a league waiver yearly and have a valid Player's Card to be eligible to play.
4. Eligibility – ages will be determined by current yearly age matrix . Players can play up in age groups, but older players cannot play down in younger groups. U9 means “Under 9,” etc.
5. Starting Requirements – Must have a minimum of 4 players to start. Play will begin as soon as 4 players are present.
6. Start Time - The referee will start each game time as scheduled. If the players are not ready, the clock will still start as scheduled. Play will begin as soon as the minimum of 4 players is on the field. Teams will have 5 minutes (clock will be running) to present the minimum number of players before a 5-0 forfeit is issued.
7. Clock - Time will run continuously, except for serious injuries.
8. Injured Players - If a referee must stop the game for an injured player, and the player is assisted or the referee feels it is necessary, the injured player must be removed from the field and may not return until the next substitution. Goalkeepers will be allowed one play stoppage before being required to leave the field. Under NO circumstances shall a player continue to play after displaying an open wound or blood.
9. Overtime - There will be no overtime periods or shootouts in the regular season, only during playoffs. In playoffs, there will be Two Sudden Death 4 minute periods. The first team to score will be the winner. The Home team will choose SIDE or POSSESION to start the overtime period. If both teams remain tied at the end of the two four minute periods, the game will go directly to Penalty kicks. Both teams will designate Five (5) shooters. They will alternate shots on the same goal. A coin toss will determine which team shoots first.
Remaining Tie - If both teams still remain tied after five shooters, then it will go to one shot each until a goal differential is decided. All players on a team must kick before any player may kick again. If teams are uneven, all players kick once until the team with fewer players is at the end, then both may start over at the same time.
Rules & Regulations________________________________________________________________________
1. All laws of traditional soccer will apply in conjunction with our modified indoor soccer rules.
2. Coaches - Each team must have a responsible adult coach/manager who will insure that each player on his or her team conducts him/herself in an appropriate/considerate manner and that each player on the team is accurately and properly documented on the team roster. Only players and 2 coaches are allowed on your bench. No siblings or non- players allowed.
3. Start of Play - Kick-Offs, at the start of each half and after a goal, are direct and go forward or backward.
4. Scoring - A goal is scored when the whole ball passes completely through the plane of the goal line, having been struck before a game-ending signal, and providing no infraction has been committed by the attacking team.
5. Fouls - Any foul, regardless of the infraction will result in a direct free kick. All free kicks must be taken within five seconds. Fouls inside the penalty area result in a penalty kick. All defensive walls must be no closer than 2 yards (6 feet) from the ball, unless the defending goal line prohibits such distance. In this instance the defenders may stand on the goal line. If the defensive wall is not 2 yards away from the free kick, players could face a card penalty for encroachment at the referee’s discretion. Additional details on misconduct & penalties below.
6. Slide Tackling - Slide tackling is NOT permitted and a slide tackle may result in a card. Any type of lunge that could be dangerous is considered a foul and will result in a blue, yellow or red card.
7. Offsides - There are NO offside. Three line rules applies
8. Spitting/Gum - Spitting and gum on the field is NOT permitted and may result in a card.
9. Ball out of play - If the ball goes out of bounds or hits the ceiling or lights, the restart is an indirect kick where the ball went out of play or hit the ceiling/light. (If the ball hits the ceiling above the penalty box, the kick will be taken from the nearest top corner of the penalty box) There are NO throw-ins. All kickins, including goal kicks and corner kicks, are indirect & must be within 5 seconds. The ball may be placed up to one foot inside the touchline.
10. Goalkeepers - Punts and drop kicks are allowed in all leagues. The ball must be distributed by a throw punt or kick from a dribble. If the ball is passed directly back to the goalkeeper, the Goalkeeper may not use their hands. If the goalkeeper uses their hands, a penalty kick shall be awarded to the opposing team on the PK spot.
11. Substitutions - Substitutions are unlimited and “on the fly.” The referee’s permission is NOT required. Substitutions must occur in front of the player’s benches, otherwise a 2-minute penalty may incur.
12. Misconduct/Penalities – Misconduct: YELLOW cards result in a 2-minute penalty with no replacement of the player, including the goalie. At the end of the two minutes, the team is allowed to bring a player back into the game. If the team with the advantage scores a goal during the two minute penalty, the short-sided team is allowed to bring a player back into the game after the goal. If a player receives a second yellow card, that player will be ejected from the game. (Sports Connection – Northlake staff may implement a one game suspension.)
RED cards result in an ejection without replacement for a full 6 minutes regardless of the number of goals scored during the 6 minute penalty. The red-carded player must immediately leave the facility and will serve a minimum one-game suspension. After the three-minute penalty expires, the short-sided team may bring a new player into the game. Any player with two red cards in a season will be ejected for the season and NO refund will be given. A $25 fine will be imposed for any red card given by the referee. The fine must be paid in full before any player can be reinstated in to his or her team roster.
13. Fighting - Fighting will NOT be tolerated. Any participant, coach, fan, or other person associated with an altercation with another player, coach, fan, or other person will be automatically ejected for an indefinite period of time (minimum one year), with no refund, and may be permanently banned from the facility. If a player or coach comes off the bench to participate in the fight, regardless of intentions, they will be automatically ejected for the same duration. If any team's fans enter the playing surface during a fight, regardless of their intentions, they will be removed from the league immediately without a refund.
Anyone attempting to abuse any other person, whether fan, coach, player, official, employee or other,
WILL be banned from the facility permanently, and LIKELY face legal charges pressed against him/her. Management reserves the right to ban any individual regarded to be detrimental to the game’s safety or enjoyment of all parties involved.
14. Fan Conduct: All parents and spectators are expected to act appropriately. Spectators may be asked to leave the facility if they do not conduct themselves appropriately. Siblings of players MUST remain with an adult and are NOT allowed to wander around the facility. No balls are allowed to be played with in the hallways.
15. Taunting - Taunting will NOT be tolerated. Any player that taunts another player will receive an automatic yellow card. A second taunting violation by the same player will result in a red card.
16. Referees - Arguing with the referees will NOT be permitted and will result in a card. Excessive arguing will be considered fighting and the player will be ejected for the season on the first offense and no refunds will be given.
Only the coach and/or team captain may appropriately ask the officials for clarification when pertaining to discretionary calls. Penalties may be assessed against players and/or teams who show disapproval by word or action, which is deemed to be inappropriate by the referee or other game official, and may be punishable by a blue, yellow or red card at the referee’s discretion.
The referee’s decisions are final and he/she reserves the right to terminate any game for which they see fit. All suggestions and or complaints are to be submitted in written form to league management